I was nominated for this blogging award by englishgameruninhibited, which is very gratifying and a nice ego boost, making me doubly glad I stumbled upon his nice gaming blog.
I tried to look into the origins of the Sunshine Blogger Award but couldn’t turn up much, other than the existence of several possible pictures to display it and, in classic word of mouth fashion, varying rules as it has been passed from one person to another. It seems to be an award for bloggers who have inspired others with their blogging and is a nice pat on the back for us lesser known bloggers.
So the rules as used by englishgameruninhibited:
List ten things about yourself and…
Nominate 10 other bloggers.
Ten things about myself:
- I love a fantasy story, it’s why I read it and write it.
- I enjoy picking holes in blockbuster movies that get their mythology wrong.
- I think games are one of the best storytelling mediums.
- I’m scared of heights.
- I love Studio Ghibli films.
- My favourite film, however, is Labrynth.
- I’m more scared of you than you are of me.
- The X-Men are my favourite superheroes.
- I like cooking.
- I can watch episodes of Miranda again and again and never stop laughing.
Ten people I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- http://morethanablackcoffeegirl.wordpress.com/ – MoreThanABlackCoffeeGirl writes entertaining short stories about her nan, they’re great.
- http://lolly101lu.wordpress.com/ – Lolly101Lu is an artist starting her own business, I admire the dedication it takes to do something like that, plus her watering cans make her blog colourful.
- http://yoshikyon.wordpress.com/ – Yoshiykon blogs A-Zs of things gaming related. He has a lot to say and delivers it well so that it is always a worthwhile read.
- http://lefthumbstick.wordpress.com/ – LeftThumbStick blogs about games he enjoys, I love it because it’s not all about modern games, but any he’s enjoyed. And maybe I’m just nosy but I like to check up on his ‘Daily Bytes’.
- http://ericalagan.net/ – Eric is inundated with awards and isn’t accepting them anymore (He’s already got the Sunshine one several times). Consequently I’m not technically nominating him for it, but I felt the need to mention him and his blog as he is incredibly friendly and greatly supportive of new and existing bloggers. He’s also a great writer, so there’s that too.
That’s only five because I haven’t really been blogging all that long.